Back to the Triceratops! With the aid of a small plastic reference model I’ve been working on the shape of the body. I’ve put together two sides from a sketched out shape.

The three spacers are all squares – different size squares obviously. They hold the body into roughly the right profile. I’ll work on a top piece after I’ve put together the digital version.

With the body profile roughed out it’s time to fit the head. The neck glues onto the body allowing the head to be poseable. I’ll probably make the legs movable as well though these ones in the prototype are just glued on.

Next step will be to scan the body parts and put together a digital version of the body. I’m planning on scaling the body up in size by 10% to get the overall proportions looking right. Looking good so far!