Tracking down errors

Thu, 6 Feb 2014

Having completed the first draft of the rower model and transferred it to the computer I found that the new version of the model didn’t work as expected. I couldn’t work out what had happened, where I had gone wrong. In the end I had to cut up the prototype and make measurements of all the parts. I finally worked out what the problem was.

Making the linkage between the box and the oar I had measured the length ‘a’. I’d then transferred that to the length of the linkage ‘b’. Once I corrected that the oars worked perfectly. Baseline Rob, baseline.


With all the other parts measured up the model is good to go.


Just to make sure I put together a second version and it worked well too. Phew. On with the show.