Progress on the Fluttering Bat project. These pictures are slightly out of order but…

Presented below is the mk II Bat. In this version the wings are held in place with a creased tab. The feet are lined up with the side of the body but essentially this is the layout that I’m going for. 

It is an improvement from the mk I which had a separate flat face hanging in front of the body.

In the mk III I’ve turned the feet around 90 degrees so that they are lined up with the back of the body, I’ve also tapered down the body to a closed end.

At this point the model is pretty close to where I want it, I completely cut up all the parts and put them in the scanner ready for transfer to the computer.

Next step – trace around the parts to convert the Bat to a digital format!