Paper Rivets

Wed, 31 Mar 2010

Been adding detail to the Grrrobot model today. I needed a rivet effect across the bottom of the body. Previously I've added a dotted line with fairly large spacing and wide line.

I wanted a bit more depth. A 3D effect. I created a row of light green dots, 8pt diameter then a dark green set at 6pt and a white set at 2pt.

I completed the rivet effect by stacking them one on top of the other.

The final effect works quite nicely and seems to translate to print well.

  To receive new blog posts by email

Comments (2)

  • Shelley Noble March 31, 2010 at 7:02 pm

    Da-mental-shion-al! Cool job!

    Da-mental-shion-al! Cool job!

    • robives March 31, 2010 at 7:47 pm

      Ta 🙂 Its just three dots,

      Ta 🙂 Its just three dots, it's suprising how your brain/eye fills in the details.

Comments are closed.