Paper Gears, Cork Base

Mon, 24 Dec 2018

Experiments with corks and gears. I’ve put this project together to see if it is possible, to see if it would work. Given that it does work quite nicely I expect it will become central to some fuller automata project in the near future.

I’ve used an eleven tooth gear scaled to fit the top of the cork then a thirteen tooth gear of the same size to the side. Both are made from double thickness card. I drilled a hole in the side of the cork and threaded a paperclip crank into place. The top gear is held into place with a notice-board pin. There are a couple of pictures below for your enjoyment.

  To receive new blog posts by email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.