Giraffe – parts done

Sun, 2 Jun 2013

The neck section of the giraffe telescopes in and out so that the lid of the giraffe box can be closed. To stop the pieces pulling apart I've put a thin paper strip connecting them together.


Here's the giraffe head in place fully extended.


And here it is pushed down. I've changed the head layout as well, I've moved the ears back and fitted the horns to the back of the head. I have also enlarged the eyes. All the parts are now complete. I just need to lay them out and colour them to complete the project.


I've also been experimenting with the pose-able elbow joint. Its working nicely!