Camel Experiments

Sat, 21 Apr 2018

I had made this camel model a while ago but wanted to re-do it in the light of things that I have learned about laser cut models. This is a loose test assemble so it still a bit wobbly but not far off a finished design. 

Although technically unnecessary I have added a reduction gear to the drive, the difference between the cranking speed and the speed of movement adds a certain something to the finished automata and anyway, gears always look good! This one is a 13:23 reduction.

I’ve used the brass blocks from inside a 5A connecting block to secure the pull wires that move the legs.

The handle is finished with a 12mm wooden bead. I have a few minor changes to make to the design then I’ll do a full rebuild followed by downloadable parts and instructions.

  To receive new blog posts by email

Comments (2)

  • Hyosik Bang April 22, 2018 at 2:36 pm

    I want this plan thanks.

    • robives April 22, 2018 at 3:09 pm

      Coming soon 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.