Back to work on my paper bird 🙂
As I’m sure you remember, I’m aiming to
make the beak move and the wings flap by running separate pushrod, one up each leg. In the original I had used a strip of paper as a pull strap but in this version I’ve used a triangular sectioned rod so that it can be both pulled and pushed. This means that I can drive the beak open rather than having to let gravity do the job.
The beak mechanism works quite nicely, I think the push rod should be clear of where the wing hinges onto the body so there will be no problem with both mechanisms colliding with each other.
Here’s an Instagram animation showing the mechanism in action. Looking good so far!