Back to the grasshopper. I've working on the finishing parts for the grasshopper escapement. A lot of the weight of the mechanism is on one side so the pendulum is hanging off to one side. To even things up I've added a balance beam sticking out of the opposite side.

The beam has a couple more coins (The model is costing me a fortune to develop!) which can slide back an forth so that I can find the balance point.

To keep the coins in position and yet have them adjustable I've drafted in the friction lock from the Boxer model. A curve of card works as a leaf spring pressing against the bar. The springs hold the slide into position but lets it be moved.

I've ended up with pages and pages of parts for this model. I'm in the process of deleting unused parts and rationalising the layout.