- May 15, 2021
- Saturday, 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM
Contact event manager
What you’ll do:
In this 90 minute workshop you will be introduced to some simple mechanisms such as the lever and the linkage. Together we will explore how to use the mechanisms to bring to life your own animated cards.
After a clear introduction to the mechanism and loads of examples of cards to inspire you work you will be helped to make your own designs to share with your friends and family.
The workshop will take place via Zoom. You’ll need to set up a free Zoom account if you don’t already have one. You will be sent a Zoom link before the start of the course.
Who it’s for:
- Introduction to the lever and linkage mechanisms.
- Introduction to the construction techniques used for these projects
- Discussion of possible ideas for your own projects
- Building time, with one on one guidance and advice
- Sharing of your completed projects
What you’ll need:
- Corrugated card
- Split pin brass fasteners / also known as brads
- Simple tool… Ruler, pencil, scissors, glue (pritt stick and elmers)
- Colored card sheets
- Googly eyes. Everything looks better with googly eyes!