- June 12, 2021
- Saturday, 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM
Contact event manager
About this Workshop:
This 90 minute workshop is an introduction to using cams to bring your character based automata to life!
Automata are simple machines that use different mechanisms to bring beautifully crafted characters to life! In this 90 minute workshop you will introduced to the world of automata and shown how you can use cams to make your very own living machines!
Who it’s for:
- Introduction to automata past and present.
- Introduction to cams and how they work..
- Introduction to the construction techniques used for these projects
- Discussion of possible ideas for your own projects
- Building time, with one on one guidance and advice
- Sharing of your completed projects
What you’ll need:
- Small corrugated card boxes preferably 5 x 5 x 7 inch
- Corrugated card
- Sticky tape
- Split pin brass fasteners / also known as brads
- Simple tool… Ruler, pencil, scissors, glue (Pritt stick and Elmers) coloured card sheets