Currency:

0 items in the shopping cart
  • No products in the cart.

Surprised Armadillo

Homepage Forums Paper Engineering Surprised Armadillo

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

JohnW
    Participant

I like this little guy! https://youtu.be/6_Kd4j1R-hc

JohnW

rossmcsweeney
    Participant

That is amazing! I actually live in Japan, so off to the bookshop sometime to see if they are still in print!

rossmcsweeney
    Participant

update! I went and found a book called “KamiKara” in the shop. It has a penguin and Funashi on the cover (Yellow peach looking character) It seems to be the latest edition. All the older books are out of print unfortunately. I took a photo of the cover and contents, but I’m not sure if there are rules here about what you can post?

JohnW
    Participant

You could upload a cover photo, a completed model, but not the pattern itself.
    Hope that helps,
    JohnW

rossmcsweeney
    Participant

Thanks for your help!

Here is the cover of the book if you are interested. There is no Armadillo inside… but there is a very nice jumping penguin! I will get to this book sometime in the future. I am more excited about the designs on this website instead.

rossmcsweeney
    Participant

Here is a website that goes with the book.

It shows how to assemble and the finished products too! No templates though, you have to purchase the book.

http://www.nihonbungeisha.co.jp/kamikara/

JohnW
    Participant

I bought a couple of Kamikara books though Japanese third hand book sellers. I’m trying to get to them, but unfortunately I have a backlog of other models I want to do first including Pino’s Warning! Air Pockets and Keisuke Saka’s Three Monkeys. Meanwhile Rob keeps me busy trying to catch up on all his models. All in all it’s a great place to be.

Thank you so much for sharing and keep us up to date as you work through the book : ) And please stay active I love your enthusiasm!

Best Regards,
    JohnW

rossmcsweeney
    Participant

Don’t worry I am very enthusiastic! I’m sitting here at my dining room table and the mechanical gentleman is staring back at me… He doesn’t have any arms yet, I feel a bit sorry for the poor fellow. My daughter wants to play with him so I will finish him tonight!

(I know the assembly order is a bit off. The first page of the PDF didn’t print with the dotted lines but the other pages did. A fault with my printer don’t worry! Off to the shops tomorrow to buy more ink)

JohnW
    Participant

I believe if you search the blog post you’ll see that MG was Rob’s first creation.  It was certainly the first paper automaton I ever collected, and it’s still one of my favorites. Everytime I see a picture of him I’m reminded of the first time I came to the Flying-Pig website. The tipping of his hat a welcoming to all new visitors. If you would like to add a crank handle to the base contact Michael42. He designed a very nice base for him.

Can’t wait to see him finished!

JohnW

cool022883
    Participant

very nice model

but the website says it only ships in japan

maybe its avaliable from another source

i did find the kamikara book and it looks like it has some nice paper craft in it so might get that

Hopechest3
    Participant

You can still buy them here http://kamikara.cart.fc2.com/

marya.thomes98
    Participant

Hello
    All the popular Armadillos animated GIFs for your conversation. Discover and Share the … Armadillos GIFs.

thecmn
    Participant

Actually, from a very long time ago, when Rob only had the Flying Pig website, his first model may have been One Hand Clapping. I could be wrong.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.